North East Quality Improvement Program (NEQIP) is the flagship program of AICTE under Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) aimed at overall quality improvement of Technical Education in the NE region. Under this scheme, grant–in-aid is given to all the beneficiary institutions to undertake various project activities including infrastructure development, faculty/staff and students training etc. The duration of the project is 3 years i.e. 2013-16.
RGGP, Itanagar is one of the 15 polytechnics and engineering colleges to gag the prestigious AICTE-NEQIP scheme in the NE region and the first institute in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Under the NEQIP scheme the institute is provided with grant-in-aid in phased manner for overall quality improvement. The various activities listed below shall be under taken during the project period 2013-16.
1. Improvement in Teaching, Training and Learning Facilities:
• Modernization and strengthening of laboratories
• Establishment of new laboratories for existing Diploma programme
• Modernization of classrooms
• Establishment/Up gradation of Central and Departmental Computer Centers
• Modernization/improvements of supporting departments
• Modernization and strengthening of libraries and increasing access to knowledge resources
• Procurement of Furniture, Computers, Laptop, Soft-wares etc.
• Renovation of academic building, boys/girls hostel etc.
2. Research and Development and Institutional Consultancy Activities in the selected areas
3. Faculty and Staff Development
• Faculty qualification up gradation
• Pedagogical training for faculty and staff
• Organizing / Attending workshops, seminars and conferences
4.Enhanced Interaction with Industry
• Establish mutually beneficial linkages with industries and undertake industrial visit for the benefit of staff and students.
5. Institutional Management Capacity Enhancement
• Organize management development programs for Head of Institution, HoD, senior faculties and officials
6. Implementation of Institutional Academic Reforms
Accreditation of eligible disciplines by NBA
Review of curriculum as per need in consultation with APSCTE
7. Academic Support for Weak, SC & ST Students
Organize innovative remedial and skill development classes
Provide career guidance services
Arrange finish school training
Activities Undertaken Under NEQIP