Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology:
About the programme:
HMCT programme was introduced in the year 2007 with well qualified and trained faculties with an intake of 20 to fulfil the need of man power in the field of catering in Arunachal Pradesh. The department is getting appreciable response from the students.
The important methods used for teaching are
- Lecture method
- Use of audio visual techniques
- Over Head Projectors
- With use of CBTs( Computer Based Tutorials)
Specific Instructions to students:
Students specifically instructed to learn course content together with lab activities. Discipline, attendance and personality are prime requirement from the students.
Faculty members / Staff
- Mrs. Suwana Mein, HOD I/c
Laboratories available in the department
- House Keeping Laboratory
- Food And Beverage Service Lab
- Food Production Lab (Kitchen)
- Quality Kitchen
- Front Office Lab
Activities In The Department
- Cultural Activities
- Group Discussion
- Expert Talk
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Visiting faculties drawn from reputed hotels, airlines, govt. tourism depts,
- Study Tours of local, North East & national destinations for exposure to travel trade.
- Earn while learn facility for students by in house parties and external catering
- Networking with industry for training with faculties and students
- Special stress on grooming the personality of students according to industry needs through mock interviews, group discussion, case studies, role playing.
- Instruction through modern teaching aids as computers, LCD projectors, over head& slide projectors.
- Laboratories are equipped with modern gadgets to give students a first hand simulated experience of a star hotel, airline, travel agency etc.
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
- Ample employment opportunities in the Hotel & Tourism Industries/ Government sectors and public sectors etc.
- Self Employment opportunities by setting up of Hotels and catering establishment.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE FOR HOTEL MANAGEMENT & CATERING TECHNOLOGY
G101 Communication Skill-I
HMCT101 Basic Accountancy
HMCT102 Value and ethics in Profession
HMCT103 Introduction to Hotels & Tourism
HMCT202 Sales and Marketing
HMCT205 Front Office Operation
G109 NCC (I) / NSS (I)
G102 Communication Skill – II
HMCT104Introduction to Information Technology
HMCT105 Food and Nutrition
HMCT203Food Safety and Hazards
G301 Environmental Education
HMCT403Food Production – I
G110 NCC II / NSS II
HMCT201 Personality Development
HMCT206 Housekeeping Operation
HMCT301 A-D Soft Core
HMCT401 Principles of Management
HMCT404 Food Production – II
HMCT406 Food and Beverage Services – I
HMCT204 Tour Operations
HMCT402 Human Resource management
HMCT407 Food and Beverage Services – II
HMCT408 Accommodation Operation
HMCT409 Food and Beverage Controls
HMCT507 Hotel Engineering
HMCT405 Hotel Law
HMCT410 Services Marketing
HMCT503 Advance Food Production
HMCT505Point of Sales Management System
HMCT506 Accommodation Management
HMCT502 Entrepreneurship Development
HMCT504Property Management System
HMCT601-604 Elective – I
HMCT601-604 Elective – II
Industrial Training: Students have to undergo Industrial Training in one phase during the vacation after the 4th semester. The training shall be for a duration of not less than 5(five) weeks. A Student who does not complete the Industrial Training shall not be eligible for admission in the 5th Semester.